From: Erick Daigneault (edaignea@accovia.com)
Date: Wed Dec 15 2004 - 14:46:48 EST

Hi Robert,

First, you can use that script to clean up your postfix queue :

#! /usr/local/soft/perl/bin/perl
use strict;

my @qids;
(my $prog = $0) =~ s|.*/||;
my $usage = "usage: $prog <pattern>";
my $pat = shift @ARGV;

die $usage unless $pat;
open(MAILQ, "mailq|") or die "open mailq failed: $!";
my $header = <MAILQ>;
$/ = "";
while (<MAILQ>) {
 # get rid of newlines
 s/\n//g;
 # if we have a line with no "*" (ie not active) work on it
 if (/(^[0-9A-F]{10})\s+/) {
    my $qid = $1;
    # save the QID if we match the pattern
    push @qids, $qid if /$pat/i;
 }
}
close(MAILQ);

if (@qids) {
 open(POSTSUPER, "|postsuper -d -") or die "open postsuper failed: $!";
 for my $qid (@qids) {
    print POSTSUPER $qid, "\n";
 }
 close(POSTSUPER);
}

Second, for virus mail, I personally suggest not to send any reply as 99% of
these have forged "From: " header. It's should avoid loading your postfix
queue.

Eric Daigneault, SCNA
Administrateur de Systèmes Unix
Unix System Administrator