From: Mark Martinec (Mark.Martinec+amavis@ijs.si)
Date: Wed Dec 15 2004 - 18:32:48 EST

> From README.protocal: The new amavisd client/server protocol is based on
> the 'Postfix policy delegation protocol', described in the Postfix document
> While the protocol is documented, I do not see any instructions for
> implementation of use in the wild. Will this become an alternate
> integration option for Postfix in addition to the dual MTA configuration?

It is not intended for use in a Postfix setup, but primarily as a replacement
for an existing protocol between amavis-milter.c helper program and amavisd
in a sendmail milter setup. I'm not anticipating other immediate uses,
although someone might come up with an useful additional application.

I have a little (few dozens of lines) proof-of-concept helper program
in Perl speaking that protocol, that I sometimes use as a quick way
of submitting test messages to amavisd-new for checking.
I can make it available on request.