From: Gary Verchick (lists@johnmecham.com)
Date: Thu Dec 16 2004 - 10:31:52 EST

Hello Javier,

Thursday, December 16, 2004, 7:04:13 AM, you wrote:

> Sorry guys, i know this isnīt an amavis issue, but ill
> ask it anyway, how can i uninstall spammassasin module
> installed with cpan, i want to do this because iīve
> installed the new version donwloaded from sa site.

> I also canīt download nothing with cpan so thatīs why
> i wanna lern how to install it the stanalone way.

> Thanks for any help.

> PS: Im using a gateway with Mandrake 10, sa 2.64.

This will not uninstall spamassassin but will change
which spamassassin amavisd-new uses, which may serve your purpose.
Locate SpamAssassin.pm. You will probably have 2 copies
if you installed one from CPAN and one from source (or package).
Rename (or back up to somewhere out of amavisd-new's PATH then delete)
the one you don't want amavisd-new to use, it will use the other one.
Sorry, I can't tell you which is which so you will have to experiment.

At least this worked for me. Your mileage may vary.