From: Gary Verchick (lists@johnmecham.com)
Date: Thu Dec 16 2004 - 11:00:32 EST

Hello Javier,

Thursday, December 16, 2004, 7:04:13 AM, you wrote:
> I also canīt download nothing with cpan so thatīs why
> i wanna lern how to install it the stanalone way.

Part of the problem with CPAN is that by default it does not use
passive ftp transfers which is a problem when you are behind
a firewall. I prefer to simply choose only http servers during
the initial configuration.

To start your configuration over:
cpan> o conf init

Probably an easier way is to locate libnet.cfg and edit it
so you use passive ftp transfer mode. Change:
ftp_int_passive => 0,
ftp_int_passive => 1,