From: Thomas Vogt (thomas@bsdunix.ch)
Date: Fri Dec 17 2004 - 14:08:40 EST

Hi

Is there an amavis option for cleanup the /var/amavis/amavis-yyyy...
directories?

I use postfix 2.1.5, amavisd-new 2.2.0 and clamd 0.8x

part of amavisd.conf
$MYHOME = '/var/amavis';
$TEMPBASE = "$MYHOME";
$ENV{TMPDIR} = $TEMPBASE; # environment variable TMPDIR
$QUARANTINEDIR = '/var/virusumail'';
virus_quarantine_to = undef;
$banned_quarantine_to = undef;
$bad_header_quarantine_to = undef;
$spam_quarantine_to = undef;
$spam_quarantine_bysender_to = undef;

The /var/virusmail is empty as expected.
But I don't know why I get thousands of file in /var/amavis/ like
amavis-20041217T182915-88944
I mean if amavis saves files on the harddisk for scanning ... it's ok
but it should clean it after the files are no longer necessary. Is there
amavisd-option for this cleaning? (in know i can use cron and do a find
search and clean :))

Any ideas?

regards
Thomas