From: Mark Martinec (Mark.Martinec+amavis@ijs.si)
Date: Fri Dec 17 2004 - 19:59:12 EST

> Is there an amavis option for cleanup the /var/amavis/amavis-yyyy...
> directories?

No option, but a short shell command (using 'find') in the FAQ section
on the mavaisd-new web page.

> I use postfix 2.1.5, amavisd-new 2.2.0 and clamd 0.8x
> But I don't know why I get thousands of file in /var/amavis/ like
> amavis-20041217T182915-88944
> I mean if amavis saves files on the harddisk for scanning ... it's ok
> but it should clean it after the files are no longer necessary. Is there
> amavisd-option for this cleaning? (in know i can use cron and do a find
> search and clean :))

The directories should have been cleaned automatically,
unless there is some problem - which should be reported in the log.

I know of one possible problem with tar archives, that is being
addresses by the 2.2.1 in few days (you can try -rc2 if you want).
If you are experiencing some other cause, you should investigate
and fix it.