From: Andy Hester (ahester@galacticltd.com)
Date: Tue Dec 21 2004 - 15:18:42 EST

Hi all,
        I have just completed an install of
Postfix/Amavisd/SpamAssassin/ClamAV to replace an older
Sendmail/MimeDefang system that I inherited and is crashing. I am
wanting to use custom rules in spamassassin and so I have put a number
of rules from sare into /etc/spamassassin. The trouble is that when I
make changes to scoring in the rules in /etc/spamassassin or the
local.cf in /etc/spamassassin, they don't seem to have an effect. If I
change the value of a test in 50_scores.cf from /usr/share/spamassassin,
the change is reflected. What I am trying to do is use the custom rules
to be fairly aggressive in filtering mail. I want stuff caught by
70_sare_adult.cf (or other rules) to score high enough to score over
6.3. Any ideas as to why the rules scoring in /etc/spamassassin aren't
counting against the meesage? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Andy Hester
Network Engineer
Galactic, LTD