From: Clifton Royston (cliftonr@tikitechnologies.com)
Date: Mon Dec 27 2004 - 14:22:41 EST

On Sat, Dec 25, 2004 at 02:10:21PM +0330, alikhani@itrc.ac.ir wrote:
> from last week until know my users that use outlook for send/recieve an
> e-mails get this error for sending their e-mails:
> "The TCP/IP connection was unexpectedly terminated by your mail server.
> (Account: < account name>, POP3 server:<server name> Error Number:
> ox800ccc0f."

Mcafee has almost undoubtedly installed a POP virus-scanning proxy on
all of your machines and is forcing all POP3 connections through the
proxy server on the local machines, resulting in erors and timeouts.

This worked terribly when Symantec did it, and I'm not surprised it
works no better for Mcafee.
  -- Clifton

          Clifton Royston  --  cliftonr@tikitechnologies.com
         Tiki Technologies Lead Programmer/Software Architect
Did you ever fly a kite in bed?  Did you ever walk with ten cats on your head?
  Did you ever milk this kind of cow?  Well we can do it.  We know how.
If you never did, you should.  These things are fun, and fun is good.
                                                                 -- Dr. Seuss