From: Daniel Luttermann (Daniel.Luttermann@t-online.de)
Date: Tue Dec 28 2004 - 07:49:38 EST

Hi Drex,

> Hi
> I have configured amavisd postfix sophos and
> spamassassin to work. my problem is I get more spam
> and at the same time filter the same kind of emails. I
> created a spam user that all spam will be delivered to
> this inbox. can I used the command for my
> spamassassin "sa-learn --showdots --mbox --spam
> /var/mail/spam" and later retrieve this email in my
> outlook express to delete all the messages to save
> space? If I delete spam email will spamassassin still
> remember those spam email even if I deleted the emails
> from spam mailbox?

The spam hash values etc. are stored in the bayes database, which
location is defined in local.cf. You can train your bayes filter with
the spamassassin commands and you will see, that your database grows.

If you later delete the messages that are stored in your outlook inbox
or on your mbox etc it doesn't matter, because all spam
characteristics are stored in the database.

--
Best Regards
Daniel Luttermann