From: Daniel Luttermann (Daniel.Luttermann@t-online.de)
Date: Tue Dec 28 2004 - 13:48:49 EST

Hi Gary,

> Can anyone explain the relevance of the sa_tag_level_deflt and
> sa_tag2_level_deflt variables in the amavis config file? These
> apparently seem to set thresholds for spam detection with no regard
> whatsoever to what is listed as the threshold in the spamassassin
> local.cf file. Am I correct in this? If so, what is the
> justification for this?

Yes, that's the threshold.

sa_tag_level_deflt means: when you receive an email and the score is
above that score the emails gets tagged as possible spam. If so,
additional headers are inserted into the mail header like this:

tests=FROM_ENDS_IN_NUMS, HTML_40_50, HTML_MESSAGE,
MIME_HEADER_CTYPE_ONLY,MIME_HTML_ONLY, NO_REAL_NAME

If the score increases the sa_tag2_level_deflt then the subject is
rewritten to ***SPAM***, if you've configured this setting and the
mail gets tagged as spam (X-Spam-Status: Yes).The header looks like:

These tag_levels are controlled by amavisd-new. The settings is your
local.cf have no effect.

When you have nowhere configured these sa_tag_level settings then the
above scores defines the standard for all users.

If this is what you wan than it's OK else you must define different
settings in amavisd.conf or in a sql database.

For example you can use:

#@spam_tag2_level_maps = (
# { 'user1@example.com' => 8.0, '.example.com' => 6.0 },
# \$sa_tag2_level_deflt, # catchall default
#);

on per user or domain level.

--
Best Regards