From: Gary Buckmaster (inherently.evil@gmail.com)
Date: Wed Dec 29 2004 - 14:07:16 EST

> I must be missing something. Why don't you simply edit the values in
> the amavisd.conf file instead of in the local.cf file?
>
> Is it because you have some other software that dynamically changes
> the local.cf values? Otherwise it would seem that the simplest thing
> is to simply edit the values amavisd uses.
>
> -- Clifton

that's exactly why. I have a proof of concept project I'm putting
together for my bosses that requires a easy to use web interface.
Since it isn't allowed to dominate my time I used the Spamassassin
webmin module as my starting point. Once I can get a working
demonstration and get the bosses to sign off on it, I can do things
properly, but for the time being, the quick fix will be to have
amavisd get this value from the local.cf file.

-Gary