From: Mark Martinec (Mark.Martinec+amavis@ijs.si)
Date: Thu Dec 30 2004 - 10:10:29 EST

Bill,

> I am running amavisd-new 2.2.1 and was debugging a Razor access issue and in
> the process noticed a bunch of "Use of uninitialized value" statements in
> the debug output. Amavisd-new appears to be running fine, but I was just
> wondering if these entries are anything to be concerned about?

All is fine, no reason for concern.

Perl ensures that new variables have an 'undefined' value, and amavisd-new
relies heavily on it. On top, wherever possible I tried to treat an empty
string or a zero in configuration variables the same as undefined, so it
often happens that undef gets compared to an empty string or to zero.
This type of Perl warnings is to be ignored in case of amavisd-new. As I
understand it, warnings of the type "Use of uninitialized value" are off
by default in Perl, unless one turns them on by a -w option or otherwise.

  Mark