From: Sam Nilsson (sam@servingpeace.com)
Date: Thu Dec 30 2004 - 21:03:39 EST

Max Clark wrote:
> Hi all,
> The content_filter declaration within postfix is the easiest method for
> sending all email through the amavisd content filter. With this
> configuration all email traverses amavisd-new and only email matching the
> local_domains are processed with the spam and virus filters.
> To help reduce my system load and the amount of email passing through
> amavisd-new I would like to restrict the messages destined to amavisd-new to
> ones matching my local_domains. I am assuming this could be easily
> accomplished using transport_maps, but I am unsure of the correct syntax.
> If my current config is: "content_filter = smtp-amavis:[]:10024",
> what would the proper transport_map look like to only process email for
> foo.com?
> In addition if foo.com is a virtual domain that I have declared using the
> virtual_domain_maps, what impact (if any) would this transport map have?
> TIA,
> Max
> - Max Clark
> max [at] clarksys.com
> http://www.clarksys.com

Hi Max,

This one is really for the postfix list, but here is my setup:

= In main.cf =

smtpd_recipient_restrictions = permit_sasl_authenticated,

= In $config_directory/filtered_domains =

domain.tld FILTER smtp-amavis:[]:10024
otherdomain.tld FILTER smtp-amavis:[]:10024

= In master.cf =

smtp-amavis unix - - n - 10 lmtp
     -o lmtp_data_done_timeout=1200
     -o lmtp_send_xforward_command=yes

= Explanation =

Because mail from mynetworks is permitted, mail reinjected by
amavisd-new will not be scanned again. If the mail makes it through the
restrictions list it gets FILTERed by the check_recipient_access rule.
The icing on the cake is that each domain could have different rules in
check_recipient_access, or none at all.

I'm not using transport maps for this because I don't need to. However,
I am using transport maps for other things like mailing list addresses.

For more info, read the docs about filters on the postfix site. That is
where I got my info.

- Sam Nilsson