Guardian Digital Inc. > InfoCenter > Mailing List Archives > Full Disclosure

Full Disclosure Mailing List Archive

From: Jack Shell (shell6@gmail.com)
Date: Sun Dec 19 2004 - 22:22:42 EST

When you open Python for Windows v 2.3 and enter for the command
<Control+Z> then <Control+I> and press enter, the program crashes.

Problem:
Seems harmless right? Well, if someone was to send a request of
"\x1a\x09" or with "\x1a\x09" at the end to a server/client running on
a Python 2.3 platform, it could cause a denial of service.

POC?:
I tested this out by sending "GET \x1a\x09 HTTP/1.0\r\n" to the
BaseHTTPServer included in the python libs directory and it FREAKED at
the GET request and disconnected me. AND, when I tried to end the
server with the interupt key, I had to press it several times for
about two minutes.

Just thinking....
Shell
Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.