Guardian Digital Inc. > InfoCenter > Mailing List Archives > Full Disclosure

Full Disclosure Mailing List Archive

From: Carilda A Thomas (cat@the-cat.com)
Date: Thu Dec 23 2004 - 21:22:44 EST

Perhaps I should clarify about this list thing: A friend
of mine is apparently running a rogue email server and a
rogue ftp server, and none of the virus checkers we have
tried will determine what program or where. I looked for
a windows equivalent to lsof but there doesn't appear to
be one - the one I found can only determine the program if
it sees a packet go by and cannot find a quiescent
program. The A/V checkers do not flag an email server,
considering it a legitimate program. Task manager is also
destroyed, so there is no help there. I was hoping to
find a list of illegitimate files for which I could check.

Thanks to those who sent advice and assistance.

CAT

-----
Friends don't let friends use Microsoft...
Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html