Guardian Digital Inc. > InfoCenter > Mailing List Archives > Full Disclosure

Full Disclosure Mailing List Archive

From: ALD, Aditya, Aditya Lalit Deshmukh (aditya.deshmukh@online.gateway.expertworks.net)
Date: Fri Dec 24 2004 - 12:18:52 EST

>destroyed, so there is no help there. I was hoping to
>find a list of illegitimate files for which I could check.

This is a very likely thing that the trojan installed had the default
filenames changed..... So doing this may be of no use and you might be just
be wasting the time. You should be checking the startup entries in the reg,
startup and other palces. See what services are starting up automatically
and porcs that are normally followed while tacking any new and unknown virus

Hope I have pointed you in the right direction....

-aditya

Delivered using the Free Personal Edition of Mailtraq (www.mailtraq.com)
Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html