Guardian Digital Inc. > InfoCenter > Mailing List Archives > Full Disclosure

Full Disclosure Mailing List Archive

From: ALD, Aditya, Aditya Lalit Deshmukh (aditya.deshmukh@online.gateway.expertworks.net)
Date: Mon Dec 27 2004 - 16:20:50 EST

>Both Firefox & IE supports decompression method 'gzip'
>ie. an extended request header named
>HTTP_ACCEPT_ENCODING like
>HTTP_ACCEPT_ENCODING=gzip,deflate

>By this way, the file can be kept around few kilobytes
>in the server and delivered easily. I wonder, why
>such... simple issue went un-noticed to everyone for
>years...

Dear bipin,

Good observation ! Works for me on mozilla 1.7.5 also on win2k sp4 and all
other patches

But Is this not a small issue that can happen to kind of data? .... 3.5 mb
of data as a pic image or a pic with very high width will also do the same
and there will certainly be more of such doss`

-aditya

Delivered using the Free Personal Edition of Mailtraq (www.mailtraq.com)
Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html