From: Arnd Bergmann (arnd@arndb.de)
Date: Wed Dec 15 2004 - 11:45:31 EST

On Middeweken 15 Dezember 2004 17:12, Andi Kleen wrote:

> > If the dasd driver now implements an ioctl_compat() method, who will
> > call the standard conversion handlers?
>
> How about just calling back to a special function from these
> special ioctl handlers?

Sorry, I don't understand. AFAICS, if the driver does not have a
ioctl_compat() file op, it will only be called for those ioctl numbers
that are registered in fs/compat_ioctl.c, but not for the ones that were
added by a third party module.
If it has a ioctl_compat() function, it can handle its own ioctls including
those that are dynamically added, but not any generic ones that have static
conversion functions in fs/compat_ioctl.c. Do you mean it should call back
from its private ioctl_compat() function to the global ioctl32_hash_table[]
lookup?

 Arnd <><

-

  • application/pgp-signature attachment: signature