From: Jesse Allen (the3dfxdude@gmail.com)
Date: Wed Dec 29 2004 - 15:13:57 EST

On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 20:35:44 +0100, Thomas Sailer <sailer@scs.ch> wrote:

> Mike,
>
> thanks a lot for your mail. I've just tried Jesse Allen's Patch with
> 2.6.10-ac1, but unfortunately it doesn't seem to be enough to get xst
> working again. Let me know if (and how :)) I can help gather evidence.
>
> Tom

If the single-stepping changes truly broke your program, and you know
< 2.6.9-rc1 works, try this attached diff against 2.6.10 in addition
to the other one I made. This should effectively reverse change #2,
but like I said, the current code for change #2 actually works for me
now. But maybe this is not enough. You can also look here at my
original report:

http://www.winehq.org/hypermail/wine-devel/2004/11/0310.html

and reverse the original patches against 2.6.9, and see if that kernel
works then. Patch links:

http://linux.bkbits.net:8080/linux-2.6/cset@1.1803.144.55
http://linux.bkbits.net:8080/linux-2.6/cset@1.1832.60.196
http://linux.bkbits.net:8080/linux-2.6/cset@1.1847