Guardian Digital Inc. > InfoCenter > Mailing List Archives > Postfix

Postfix Mailing List Archive

From: Brian Clarkson (brian@austinunleashed.com)
Date: Wed Dec 15 2004 - 11:32:54 EST

Magnus Bäck wrote:

> On Wednesday, December 15, 2004 at 06:49 CET,
> Brian Clarkson <brian@austinunleashed.com> wrote:
>

>>i've been beating my head on this for 2+ hours now, and i must be
>>missing something obvious ...
>>
>>my majordomo.aliases file isn't expanding for some reason ... and i'm
>>not sure why .... it looks just like a working install, as does main.cf
>>

> Local alias expansion takes place for local domains whose mail is
> delivered to local(8), never for virtual domains. You need virtual
> aliases that map the recipient addresses to recipients in a local
> domain.
>
> This is becoming a FAQ. You will find more information in the list
> archives. "mailman" is a good keyword.

OK, I understand the problem now, but need to find a good solution,
becuase at the moment, I have the server *only* delivering via virtual.

I guess I could set up mydomain.net as use it for the mailing lists ...
and have it act as the local delivery agent so that I *have* a local
delivery agent.

--b--