Guardian Digital Inc. > InfoCenter > Mailing List Archives > Postfix

Postfix Mailing List Archive

From: Chris Stratford (chriss@pipex.net)
Date: Tue Dec 21 2004 - 08:10:01 EST

On Tue, 2004-12-21 at 13:13 +0100, Marcel Weber wrote:

> I discovered a bizarre problem. Since last week (about 16th. December
> 2004) we cannot send any email to verizon.

> Now my question: Did anyone of this list's members experience the same
> problems? What measures can I take? Is it just a temporarly problem of
> verizon (for what their famous for)?

You are definitely not alone. We are seeing exactly the same thing in
the UK. I can't get through from any of our servers and I've seen
postings that suggest quite a few other UK ISPs are also affected.
There was a mention in one post that none of the Messagelabs machine in
Europe could get through, but the US ones were ok, which suggests some
sort of wide-scale block at Verizon (and makes the "open relay" comment
in the forum link you supplied rather unlikely, as you would expect
their EU and US machines to be configured in the same way.)