Guardian Digital Inc. > InfoCenter > Mailing List Archives > Postfix

Postfix Mailing List Archive

From: Sven Putze (news@cs-putze.de)
Date: Wed Dec 22 2004 - 02:05:18 EST

Hi @ all,

I want to block mails from certain dialin accounts, they should use the
proxy server of their isp's.

smtpd_client_restrictions should do the job, it can reject on (parts of)
hostnames and
ip-addresses, as far as I understood the documentation.

But on the other hand I want to allow sasl_auth(ed) users that also come
from those dialin accounts...

It seems, postfix doesn't check for the hostname(s) anymore when it first
comes to permit_sasl_authenticated. Well, it shouldn't in case of
authenticated users as allready mentionend.

I'am aware that this is a tricky situation.
smtpd_client_restrictions control the "connection", nobody is authenticated
at this time.
When someone is authenticated, every available check seems to focus on data
delevired past the HELO/EHLO.

Is there a way without using RBLs?
Who can give me a hint?

with kind regards
Sven Putze
If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people
what they do not want to hear. (George Orwell)
Who controls the past controls the future. Who controls the present
controls the past. (George Orwell)