Guardian Digital Inc. > InfoCenter > Mailing List Archives > Security Basics

Security Basics Mailing List Archive

From: VI (vi@vizo.com)
Date: Tue Dec 14 2004 - 10:35:20 EST

I want to use port forwarding with SSH between two WXP pro boxes. The remote
box must be a server and SSH must be run as a service.

The questions:
1- I think I need to create two ids(public Keys) and two private keys, one
for each box. Is this true?
2- In which folder do I have to put these keys?
3- How do I specify the path of these keys from command line when using ssh?
4- Can I create the keys in OpenSSL, and use AES too? If yes what would be
the format of the keys?

Thanks for answers