Next: The WebTool
Up: IAMS Access Lists
Previous: Basic Concepts
Below is a quick summary of how the underlying ACL checking system
- The Proxy server passes the request credentials to the ACL checking
- The username is broken out and their list membership (if any) is resolved.
- If the user is a member of a list, that list is consulted. * If
the user is NOT a member of a list, then the "internet"
list is consulted.
- If there is a pattern match on the list, that rules action is returned.
* If there are no pattern matches, that lists policy is returned.